How come my earlier post keep dissappearing?

#244291 - Yesterday at 11:22 PM 2-9-17 – did not make sense this post appeared 4 days after the tournament

Re: Thunder/Timberwolf OPEN MOVED- IMPORTANT [Re: JB Harding]

Cokeley

Loc: Lawrence, KS Originally Posted By: JB Harding
DeSoto tournament weigh ins are acceptable but will have to be entered per instructions emailed out Saturday afternoon. Your Friday night weigh in WILL BE ACCEPTED!

This is an excellent opportunity for additional mat time!

Just a question here. Is the 24 hour for weigh ins not a rule anymore? Not starting a fight just wondering if something has changed. Thanks for you help on this subject.

Rule 4‐5‐1
All sanctioned tournaments will
hold a weigh‐in. The weigh‐in
procedures shall be
&
determined by the tournament director. All participants shall
have the opportunity
Rule 4‐5‐3
to weigh‐in at the same time. No weigh‐in shall be prior to t
wenty four (24) hours
before the published tournament s
tart time. However, a novice
only tournament
wrestled on Sunday may conduct it
s weigh‐in up to forty‐eight (
48) hours before
the published tournament start t
ime Wrestlers shall wear a co
mpetition style
singlet at weigh‐in.

Due to last minute changes in planning I made a decision based on published plans. In general I would say the weigh in rule of 24 hours should be strictly adhered to but I think we have to act in the best interest of the "customers" when published plans are changed at the last minute.

Originally Posted By: JB Harding
DeSoto tournament weigh ins are acceptable but will have to be entered per instructions emailed out Saturday afternoon. Your Friday night weigh in WILL BE ACCEPTED!

Just a question here. Is the 24 hour for weigh ins not a rule anymore? Not starting a fight just wondering if something has changed. Thanks for you help on this subject.

Rule 4‐5‐1
hold a weigh‐in. The weigh‐in
procedures shall be
&
have the opportunity
Rule 4‐5‐3
to weigh‐in at the same time. No weigh‐in shall be prior to t
wenty four (24) hours
only tournament
s weigh‐in up to forty‐eight (
48) hours before
mpetition style
singlet at weigh‐in.

Due to last minute changes in planning I made a decision based on published plans. In general I would say the weigh in rule of 24 hours should be strictly adhered to but I think we have to act in the best interest of the "customers" when published plans are changed at the last minute.

“TRANSPARENCY Smokey... IS there something you want to accuse us of? You have been bald face lying on other threads, care to take a shot at me on this one too? Keep pushing me and the thread from our text exchange will be published along with the chain of events that led to the dissolving of the KCWF.”

Not sure about the above post but mine from this morning disappeared.

"TRANSPARENCY Smokey... IS there something you want to accuse us of? You have been bald face lying on other threads, care to take a shot at me on this one too? Keep pushing me and the thread from our text exchange will be published along with the chain of events that led to the dissolving of the KCWF."

I promise The Kansas College Wrestling Fund will reappear without the current Vice Chairman involved and it may have a different name - It may be in a different form. I and other committee members decided to not volunteer working 400 to 500 hours per year (in total 800-1,000 per year or 2 people) raising funds for the Kansas colleges - When the Vice Chairman was sending emails like I will kick the KCWF Committee's ass (12 or 13 members and their constituents) and raise funds solely for Ft Hays ( I can get the exact email and date if you need to refresh your memory). In addition to that the Vice Chairman said something to the effect that he would send every Junior college potential recruit to out of state Junior Colleges and not promote Kansas schools. - Also, there is an exact email from the Junior college rant – by Will. The Will Cokeley Bylaws are much different than the USA KS Wrestling Bylaws as well as our parent organizations bylaws USA Wrestling National and KSHSAA. I am sure the funds still being raised and in the KCWF fund balance of the current KCWF will be distributed per the parameters set forth by the KCWF Committee and approved by the USA Wrestling KS Board. It may be a long road establishing a Kansas Collegiate Wrestling Fund and an uphill battle - with the right people for the right reasons it will be worth it. It is very counter productive
I just want our efforts to help provide opportunities to current and future student/athletes. I will devote time to ensure the Kansas Colleges continue to have academic and athletic wrestling opportunities in Kansas.

Sean McCarthy
(913) 579-1835
smokeycabin@hotmail.com

Welcome smokeycabin. [Log out] ↓Kansas Wrestling » Forums » General Discussion » Kids Folkstyle » Thunder/Timberwolf OPEN MOVED- IMPORTANT
Forum List My Stuff User List Calendar Active Topics Search FAQ

Page 2 of 2 <
New Reply

Topic Options

#244279 - Yesterday at 06:44 PM Re: Thunder/Timberwolf OPEN MOVED- IMPORTANT [Re: smokeycabin]

Cokeley

Loc: Lawrence, KS Originally Posted By: smokeycabin
I did not see one wrestler from KC Storm or KC Thunder even entered in their own co-hosted Kids tournament - another thing that makes me go Hum.

Well Hum all you need to! Or sleep easier (you should try it instead of posting all hours of the nights and mornings) as ALL of the kids that wrestle 6,8,10,12, and 14 age groups from KC Storm were signed up. KC Storm is the USA Wrestling Club for the SJA Thunder Wrestlers who sign up under the high school team sign up program. Some will wrestle the kids series and some will wrestle FS/GR. I know that you know everything so this should come as no surprise to you, we don't have a wrestling room at SJA and not enough gym space for practice mats so we don't host a kids club as we have for the past 10 years. There you go!

Edited by Cokeley (Yesterday at 06:45 PM)

Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post

#244282 - Yesterday at 07:43 PM Re: Thunder/Timberwolf OPEN MOVED- IMPORTANT [Re: Cokeley]

smokeycabin

Loc: Shawnee Kansas Besides Ft Hays what else do you do with your profits from your tournaments.
As far a Bylaws they are pretty darn good - there are a few sections you might want to read more thoroughly.

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote Notify Email Post

#244284 - Yesterday at 09:06 PM Re: Thunder/Timberwolf OPEN MOVED- IMPORTANT [Re: smokeycabin]

JB Harding

Posts: 2 DeSoto tournament weigh ins are acceptable but will have to be entered per instructions emailed out Saturday afternoon. Your Friday night weigh in WILL BE ACCEPTED!

Rule 4&#8208;5&#8208;1
hold a weigh&#8208;in. The weigh&#8208;in
procedures shall be
&
have the opportunity
Rule 4&#8208;5&#8208;3
to weigh&#8208;in at the same time. No weigh&#8208;in shall be prior to t
wenty four (24) hours
only tournament
s weigh&#8208;in up to forty&#8208;eight (
48) hours before
mpetition style
singlet at weigh&#8208;in.

#244289 - Yesterday at 10:15 PM Re: Thunder/Timberwolf OPEN MOVED- IMPORTANT [Re: smokeycabin]

Cokeley

Loc: Lawrence, KS Originally Posted By: smokeycabin
Besides Ft Hays what else do you do with your profits from your tournaments.
As far a Bylaws they are pretty darn good - there are a few sections you might want to read more thoroughly.

Since its inception, the Thunder Open & Donna Woofter financials work like this:

Purchases: Medals, food, supplies
Expenses: Officials, Trackwrestling fees, sanction
Gross income from Admissions, Entry Fees, Concessions, Raffles

Net profit:
Donation to FHSU or KCWF (a thing of the past thanks to you)
Travel expenses for SJA Thunder Wrestling
Wrestling room supplies
Mats
Summer wrestling assistance
Education
Coaches fees & pay
Support of wrestlers outside of SJA
Other assistance
Wrestling room upgrades
Donna Woofter Scholarship for Summer Wrestling
Tournament help pay to clubs who assisted

TRANSPARENCY Smokey... IS there something you want to accuse us of? You have been bald face lying on other threads, care to take a shot at me on this one too? Keep pushing me and the thread from our text exchange will be published along with the chain of events that led to the dissolving of the KCWF.

#244291 - Yesterday at 11:22 PM Re: Thunder/Timberwolf OPEN MOVED- IMPORTANT [Re: JB Harding]

Cokeley

Loc: Lawrence, KS Originally Posted By: JB Harding

Rule 4&#8208;5&#8208;1
hold a weigh&#8208;in. The weigh&#8208;in
procedures shall be
&
have the opportunity
Rule 4&#8208;5&#8208;3
to weigh&#8208;in at the same time. No weigh&#8208;in shall be prior to t
wenty four (24) hours
only tournament
s weigh&#8208;in up to forty&#8208;eight (
48) hours before
mpetition style
singlet at weigh&#8208;in.