I really don't care what happens in any other class or state. I only care about 321a in Kansas. Now with that being said I don't tell my guys that might be below average and probably not varsity on another team to cut weight, sweat and bleed during practice to not care about making it to State. The number one goal of every wrestler should be to qualify for State, if that is not the goal, then the bar is not set high enough. I had two kids that had the goal of being in the State finals, both made it. The other kids on our team did not qualify. So by your standards the kids on my team that didn't qualify suck, because it is so easy to qualify in 321a in the state of Kansas. I don't care how my kids make it, I just want them there. Maybe they win a match and next year they have more confidence or they do more over the summer to make it back or maybe they talk a kid into coming out next year. I don't care what a college coach thinks about my kid if he qualifies, I care what my kid thinks, his parents and our team. When you are at a small Kansas school, you have to find things to build up your kids and to have other kids join the team. Qualifying for State is something I push to all of them. So quit comparing us to the other classes and to other states. Go coach a 321a team and learn what it's like to coach a team with a dozen kids or less. Maybe then you'd quit saying that qualifying for 321a State is not a big achievement, because it really is.

Chuck Schremmer
Head Wrestling Coach
SE Saline H.S.