Time Stands Still states:

Quote:
The problem with Kapun was on going through the 70's and 80's. What I said was they had been "rebuked", not sanctioned, not placed on probation, not made to forfeit games. They took a shot across their bow from the KSHSAA in the late 70's which put a stop to much of that sort of behavior on their part, obviously not all of it if their football team finally got slapped in the mid 80's.
It is obvious you do not know the facts.

The KSHSAA does not, and has never issued "rebukes". There were complaints regarding recruiting made to KSHSAA, and during the investigation(s) (there were more than one) no allegation was proved. Had there been evidence of recruiting, in any sport, you can rest assured KSHSAA would have sanctioned Kapaun-Mt. Carmel.

Secondly, Kapaun Mt. Carmel won State Wrestling titles in their respective classifications in 1975 (3A), 1977 (3A), 1981, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, and 1987 all in 5A. If there was "a shot across their bow from the KSHSAA in the late 70's", the shot was unsuccessful.

I do not wish you to think I am picking on you, however I do not believe your statements regarding "recruiting" should go unanswered.

Were Grand State to have continued into the 80's, Kapaun would have been very competitive.

Richard D. Salyer