Jhris,

Can't let the 6A football comments go by without a response. I played 6A football and coached at the freshman level in a 6A high school and watched a bunch of 6A football. My job has taken me to smaller communities and I have watched a bunch of 2A, 3A and 4A football over the past umpteen years. I would have to agree, in general, that 6A football is superior--football is a numbers game and schools with larger numbers should, statistically, be superior in their level of talent and therefore their level of play. That said, this assumes that the coaches can "coach'em up" and that all, or most, of the available talent goes out. Both assumptions are not always true.

I would say that the Atwood teams of the early 90's, the Smith Center teams of the late 80's through most of the 90's, the Norton teams of the mid 80's, 1997, 2002 & 2003 and the Conway Springs teams of 02 & 03 could have stayed on the field with the best 6A had in those years and not been embarassed.
Notice I am not saying would have won--but they would have been very, very competitive.

Don't ever get caught up in the thinking that random chance as to a child's location of birth endows them with some sort of mystical and magical physical powers.