Alex, I do not know the capacity of Russell's gym, but am guessing it is at least 1800, and maybe closer to 2000.

Wrestling fan 65--I do not know where you got your information but be assured that my knowledge of BOTH gyms is as great, and probably greater, than yours--which perhaps makes me lamer than you.

The seating numbers can be compared as apples to apples. Neither gym has individual seating, therefore the width of seat measurements used to determine capacity can be the same.

The seating on the north side of the WaKeeney gym with the bleachers pulled out in the upper mezzanine matches that of the north side of the Norton gym; in regards to number of rows of seating. However, the number of rows on the south side of the WaKeeney gym is only HALF that of the south side of the Norton gym. The WaKeeney gym is longer and therefore does yield more seats per row on the floor bleachers than in the Norton gym; but the lack of number of rows on the south side is far greater than the addition of seats due to the longer rows. Also, the pull out bleachers in the mezzanine on the north side of the WaKeeney gym
are not as long as the floor bleachers--therefore, the row-length advantage is lost there.

Don't take my word for it--count the number of rows in each gym and multiply by the length of a row. Divide that by any number you choose, 16", 18" or 20". The calculations will yield more seats in the Norton gym than they do the WaKeeney gym.

Greg Mann
Manhattan, KS