As I said there are a few 6U kids that are able to compete at a high level out of the 1654 6U kids I bet you can't name 20 that can compete at a premiere tournament out of the 1654 6U at least 1600 of them are novice wrestlers. If I'm not mistaken the Deshazers placed at state at 6U, That's great for a few of the kids but a majority of them can't. When my boy was 5 he didn't wrestle at subs when he was 6 he made it to state out of the 25 6U kids on our club we have 1 that has a chance to make it, the rest are strctly novice and most of them won't go to subs until next year. I have been in wrestling for 25 years I wrestled as a 6 year old and didn't make it to state but that made me want it even more and I worked harder and made it at 7, It was more special because I really had to work for it. If a kid is 6 and is advanced great let them compete but those kids are few and far between. As for a couple of the 6 year olds you mentioned I can remember them trying to make weight doing excercises and running at the state weigh in crying with their coaches yelling at them, is this want we want for our 6 year olds. Let them have fun and learn the sport before we put them in the pressure cooker.