Grizzlyfan,

I do realize we have some parents and coaches in all age divisions that get carried away. Trust me - I can bring the intensity to the mat. We have a unwritten rule that we try to have someone else besides dad, mom, and/or close relative in the corner during match time. It doesn't always work out if we have multiple matches going on and we are scrambling to get a coach matside - but for the most part it helps keep the personal family stuff out. From a technical standpoint I know my son is more likely to take my advice in a practice environment rather than in the heat of battle. Generally, this holds true with other kids during a match. I can be all the way on the other end of the gym when my son is wrestling and I'll bet he can still hear me. If he can not hear me everyone else in the gym can. I think he needs speakers in his head gear - like they do with NFL football quarterbacks. That may not be a good idea - because sometimes he and some of our other coaches give me a dirty look after a match - mainly after a loss. What's their problem? I know he was trying but those simple mistakes were killing me. I am not going to let my son drive at the age of 14 just because he wants to or he thinks it is fun. I am still apposed to the 6 & under state. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect both views. You all know mine. I hope we have enough hard drive and the computer doesn't crash - with all these posts

Coach Sean