Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76168 05/20/04 10:11 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Sorry for not being on here in a while...we had some bad storms in Kansas that really screwed with our cable that is based out of Georgia (makes no sense but oh well) Along with the weather storms I've been battling setbacks in my cancer fight, my body was wiped out pretty bad from the sample chemo 2 weeks ago and my white blood counts were very low, thus I underwent 3 days of white blood cell therapy booter shot, but now they want to increase the shot to 4 days a week.

We are also battling a local group that assigned a case worker to help me with finances...one problem, she never delt with a case like mine so the last 2 weeks she just pushed it to the side not knowing how to deal with it. On the bright side the well wishes have kept me upbeat and some of you have some very good humor, and on a day before our U.S. guys are trying to make the U.S. Olympic team I found and wore my wrestling shoes to chemo...I've wrestled two of the Freestyle hopefulls and today the pain of the needle prick in my chest hurt a helluva lot less then wrestling Hoy or Lawal!

Anyway that's about all for now...there are updates on my site for this week including pics :

http://www.caringbridge.org/ks/aaronsweazy

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76169 06/02/04 02:34 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
If anybody is interested and a bargain hunter the city of Chapman will be having Community Garage Sale this Saturday. Our family will be doing a sale on the corner of 6th and Marshall with sales going to my Cancer fund...I should be around the house after running to Manhattan for an early morning shot. Also we have cancer pins that we will be saleing with wrestling on the card background and the pin attached to the card...the card says in honor of Aaron Sweazy and mentions all the different types of cancers and corresponding ribbon colors. If you can make it great, if not we have more things planned in the future...

Thanks a bunch...

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76170 06/03/04 12:35 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Hey Aaron, I would hope that some of those will be available at the state Freestyle / Greco tournament this weekend. I know that I would be willing to contribute for one as would a large number of other wrestlers, coaches, parents and others. Let us know what we can do to help out.

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76171 06/05/04 03:25 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I somehow was oblivious to all of the events of wrestling happening right down the road from Chapman. I hope to be there on Sunday some point after church...I doubt tommorrow I'll do much having to be in Manhattan for a shot, and then immediantly back to Chapman to help with the Yard Sale (lots of furniture if anyone is interested) but I'll try to bring some of the pin-ribbons Sunday if anybody wants them I believe $6 per pin is what we are asking for. I have a cell if anybody wants to contact me... (785)263-5525 maybe we all can get together and have dinner on Saturday night in JC or something (nothing like a wrestling banquet...lol)

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76172 06/07/04 03:29 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My new Avatar tops everybody else's because I'm ahead of you all on marketing my avatar...lol.

All kidding aside, I'm very appreciative to all of those at the State Greco/Freestyle Championships that came up and purchase ribbons from me or just gave me well wishes or hellos. By the way...some of those lil kids about 5 years or so scare me with their raw talent (Hinderliter knows which one I'm talking about)

It's also great to have finally put faces with forum member names. It's great to be around the wrestling community and all it's hard workers and generous people. Speaking of hard workers, someone needed to get Mark Anderson a new shirt...man was he sweating, Shoff and Kit weren't even breaking a sweat...c'mon Mark...lol.

Anyway that's all for now, hope to hear from you all soon.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76173 06/09/04 11:54 AM
Mike Juby Offline
I have added Aaron's website to the Links page. It is the first site listed in the "Other" section.

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76174 06/09/04 04:36 PM
usawks1 Offline
Hey Aaron, Our little dude should give you encouragement to keep your weight up! I'm sure you don't want to end up in his weight class!!

I can just see him nailing you with a reverse gut and throw!!!!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76175 06/23/04 03:28 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hope everyone did well this past week at the Southern Plains...I was in KC, MO to visit my new baby nephew Alexander Cole Sweazy. The lil guy has more hair than both my brother and I combined. In fact you can now see a pic of me (bald head and all) with my brother on the caringbridge site as well as baby Alex on the photos page. There is also this weeks updates for those of you who want to know all the details of this past week's treatments and such.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76176 06/23/04 11:58 AM
Mike Furches Offline
Hey Sweaz, congrats on the kid, although I don't know what you did other than being an uncle which is pretty good. Also welcome to the new BHMWCFK. (Bald Headed Men's Wrestling Club From Kansas) Great pic, you just need the gotee now

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76177 07/10/04 07:07 AM
kswrestling85 Offline
Here is a great website that I found that helps cancer survivors, and those currently battling cancer. Check it out sometime. http://www.wearyellow.com

Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76178 07/13/04 04:05 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I've heard about the site, it's Lance Armstrong's if I recall from the commercials I've seen...Tuesday is chemo day, so I'm sure sometime this week while I'm drained I'll view it

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76179 07/13/04 06:13 PM
Jordon Best Offline
Hey Aaron are you talking about Nich Reeb from Topeka he is a tough kid and he is only seven years old. Also are you coming down to Topeka for the state games?

Jordon Best
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76180 07/14/04 08:55 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline OP
OP Offline
A
When is the wrestling for the State games? I can't drive terribly far...Manhattan is a quite a drive for me. If the games are on the 23rd/24th/25th I will be in Tulsa with a friend attending Shawn Silvis' Wedding and then some time in Winfield with a friend who is letting me stay at thier house. So I doubt it but I'll see what I can do, plus I have family coming in from PA that week!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
Re: A letter to the Kansas Wrestling Community/Family #76181 07/15/04 04:29 AM
Jordon Best Offline
yea they are on the 24th and 25th here at SHHS

Jordon Best
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 310 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,977
Posts250,428
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)