I have only attended probably 10 state tourneys (4 of which I competed in), all of which were at the KS Colliseum. I truly believe that the level of competition was good this year and watching the kids compete was trully a lot of fun and brought back a lot fo good memories.

However, as much as I want to keep the tourney here in Wichita, I can't see a reason to do so with the way the KS Colliseum staff and certain tourney officials treated us all.

1) The check in process was about the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Weigh ins were taking place and teams were still stuck in a line out the door trying to check in. (ridiculous)

2)$10 for updated brackets for the tourney. I understand making money, but what is that. I can buy a stack of 500 sheets of paper for $4.

3)$6 for coaches to eat in the hospitality room. The meal was a nasty film covered soup and bologna sandwiches. (hell, we had ribeye steaks at our regional for free!)

4)Security was rude and kept 4 wrestlers who were making weight on sat. morning and group of cheerleaders outside in the cold at 6:30 am when all we wanted to do was check our weight. They lied saying the scales werent set up. We finally got in at 7:00 am. (yes, I gave them a piece of my mind)

5)Gosh dang, how much does it cost to rent that place. Hell, for a family of four, it must have cost $100-$200 in gate fees just to sit in the stands not too mention another $200 in consession stand items.

6) I was scared to walk into the nasty gross bathroom that were ankle deep in waste from all those thousands of people. Who the hell cleans that place and why did they wait 2 days to clean it instead of during the day.

I could go on, but I don't even like to read post that are longer then a paragraph. I hope I'm not the only one who felt this way.

For the price, I just don't believe the Colliseum is nice enough. WE ALL DESERVE STEAK DINNERS FOR THAT PRICE!!!!

Coach Church

"Well spoken words have great value, but hard work has it's own rewards"