Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: CAP #13186 03/09/05 02:46 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Juby:
sportsfan02,

I think you're going to have to be more explicit, since I'm having a hard time understanding this. Let me explain what I am aware of, then you can fill in what is missing:
  • There was a question about where the CPA kids had wrestled.
  • A second question was raised about whether this club should be competing in Kansas.
  • Another person asked whether the won/loss records by this club are valid and/or comparable to other Kansas records.
  • The topic originator deleted the initial post.

It was unfortunate that the original post was deleted, since I felt that many of these questions had been answered. This new topic is now making it appear that those asking questions had been stonewalled.

The CPA club is a Kansas club, albeit one with a Missouri mailing address. All of the wrestlers competing in this club have Kansas addresses; as Kansas residents, they are qualified to compete in the Kansas state tournament series. Where the CPA's affiliated high school or the club itself competes during the regular season is irrelevant - there are many Kansas clubs and high schools who wrestle outside of our state, just as there are non-Kansas teams who come to Kansas events to compete.

Does this complicate the seeding process when the won/loss records were earned against non-common opponents? Perhaps, but I can give multiple examples where you have the same problems with all-Kansas competition. If you could simply rely on won/loss records, there would be no reason to have a seeding meeting. If there were concerns about the strength of a particular club or wrestler’s schedule, this should have been discussed at the seeding meeting.

If there is a legitimate concern about this club or its members, let's get the details so that it can be investigated. If not, then this thread is being extremely unfair to the CPA club and its members, by continuing to cast allegations without any justification.
Mike,

If it seemed I was making allegations regarding this club I'm sorry, that was not my intent. I was simply asking questions which I feel you answered effectively. None the less, I will look forward to reading the discussion and any subsequent votes which took place on this club at the last executive board meeting, in the minutes.

Re: CAP #13187 03/09/05 03:25 PM
Mike Juby Offline
I am not aware of any discussion or votes which were taken by the Executive Council pertaining to this club, nor am I aware of any reason why there should have been a discussion about them.

Re: CAP #13188 03/09/05 03:36 PM
luv2whoop Offline
Sportsfan02 will this club or it's wrestlers affect you or your club directly? I appreciate
Mr. Juby's responses and hope it put things in perspective. Good Luck & Best Wishes to the team in question,
and there is no hidden or hushed up situations
regarding the executive council or KSKids officials. Let's enjoy the qualifiers and get it on at state!!

Re: CAP #13189 03/09/05 03:57 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
USAW Kansas Kids Constitution

SECTION I: BY-LAWS

SECTION III: TOURNAMENT OPERATIONS

PART B – QUALIFYING FOLKSTYLE TOURNAMENTS

2. For the purpose of eligibility of entering a Sub-District or District tournament, a competitive member must be a resident of Kansas and/or be enrolled in a Kansas educational school system . Special cases to this rule are subject to notification and permission from the Executive Council. The State Tournament Director will be notified of any person permitted to wrestle under this provision.

By rule, if a wrestler lives in Kansas City, Missouri and attends St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Kansas, the wrestler is eligible to participate in the sanctioned qualifying tournaments providing the wrestler meets the age and weight requirements.

If the wrestler lives in Kansas and attends Rockhurst High School in Missouri the wrestler is also eligible to participate.

In both examples, the affected wrestler does not need approval from the Executive Council to participate.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: CAP #13190 03/09/05 04:23 PM
4 MY BOYZ Offline
Thank you Mr. Salyer...maybe now Sportsfan02 will get a clue!!

Re: CAP #13191 03/09/05 04:59 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by 4 MY BOYZ:
Thank you Mr. Salyer...maybe now Sportsfan02 will get a clue!!
I don't think so! I take potential violations to our Kansas Kids Constitution VERY seriously. There are NEVER any wrong or dumb questions concerning how we are governed. I still have questions concerning this matter but from what I can tell the constitution was not violated. Had people not been so defensive regarding this matter in the first place it wouldn't have tweeked my curiosity. But I love a good mystery.

Re: CAP #13192 03/09/05 05:24 PM
4 MY BOYZ Offline
Anyway...Mr Salyer and Mike thanks for clearing up this matter for most of us. You answered most of our "curiosity". Good Luck CPA most of us are behind you!!

Re: CAP #13193 03/09/05 05:36 PM
C
chicanowrestlingfan Offline
C
We all love a good mystery!! How about a Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew story to keep the story in a
suspenseful bliss?

Re: CAP #13194 03/10/05 01:27 AM
Spiderman Offline
In this world of opinions and polls...it's nice to know that Cinderella stories can still happen when we offer kids a chance to compete.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 179 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,977
Posts250,428
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)